||Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Exempt
||$10.00 hourly rate
Send cover letter with resume to email@example.com with Your Last Name Accounting Intern in the subject line.
Deadline to Apply: February 1, 2013
Summary: KVIE is hiring for the part-time position of Accounting Intern. The ideal candidate will be a junior, senior or graduate student studying accounting/finance. If you value public television consider joining our KVIE team that is committed to bringing quality programming to everyone in our region.
- Open and process membership receipts from daily incoming mail.
- Prepare and balance membership batches to include sorting and tape reconciliation.
- Prepare membership batch deposits.
- Process manual and computer terminal membership credit card batches.
- Process web-based membership batches.
- Process miscellaneous receipts and deposits
- General accounting filing as needed.
- Track outstanding checks in accounting software system.
- General data entry using accounting software system.
- Process outgoing mail for A/P and A/R
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with general office procedures.
- Experience with standard office filing systems.
- Experience using general office equipment to include photocopiers, 10-key calculators, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel preferred
- Effective verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to perform routine and repetitive tasks accurately.
- Junior, Senior, or Graduate student or recent graduate within 6-months majoring in Accounting.
- One year of computerized accounting or accounting experience or equivalent preferred.
KVIE EEO Policy: It is KVIE’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age, in all personnel actions including recruitment, selection, placement, compensation, and the opportunity for advancement.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).