KVIE, in the nation's 20th largest television market, is one of the premier public television stations in the country. We offer competitive salaries and benefits and we are located just north of downtown Sacramento.
Another Way to Be at KVIE
Volunteer - Help KVIE with your existing skills.
Recently Closed Positions:
- Education Outreach Intern
- Leadership Giving Administrator
- Leadership Giving Officer
- Director of Technology
- Fundraising Events Intern
- Master Control Operator
- Production Intern
Resumes can be accepted ONLY for open positions. Send both a cover letter and resume to the e-mail address listed in the job description or send to the mailing address shown in it. Be sure to identify the position you are seeking in your subject line.
Our benefits include:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- 403B Retirement plan
- Paid holidays
- Vacation - Accrued vacation and sick pay
- Subsidized health club memberships
- Flexible spending plan (for health and dependent care reimbursement)
- College savings plan
KVIE is not able to accept unsolicited resumes. Please only send a resume if the job is listed. If you have any questions regarding the employment process at KVIE, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
KVIE EEO Policy: It is KVIEs
policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all
qualified individuals without regard to race, color,
ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, marital status, disability, or age, in
all personnel actions including recruitment, selection,
placement, compensation, and the opportunity for advancement.
KVIE is required to publish our EEO Filing with the
FCC. If you would like to see it, visit
our public info page.
KVIE Diversity Statement
KVIE’s service goal in programming and production is to present the community back to itself. Through a national and local lens, we aim to provide everyone with the best connections to our past, present, and future. To help to meet our goal, we have re-affirmed our commitment to diversity. By providing and supporting personnel, board of directors, and community advisory boards that foster and build upon diversity and its strengths, we are able to better serve our community through high quality television programming and related services to enhance the quality of life for people in the communities we serve. Our goal for the 2015 fiscal year is to increase our female and ethnic diversity by at least 2% each.
- Equal Employment Opportunity To provide equal opportunity and advancement to all individuals, employment decisions at KVIE are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, disability, genetic predisposition, marital status, military or veteran status, non-English speaking or nonverbal individuals, or any other characteristic or protected class by law.
KVIE makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities who are able to meet the essential functions of the position, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including recruitment, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to all benefits and training.
- Diversity in the Workplace We recognize that a talented and diverse workforce is key to serving our community at the highest level. We strive to reflect the gender and ethnic diversity makeup of the combined 4-county employment pool of Sacramento, Placer, Yolo, and Sutter counties. We seek a diverse candidate pool by notifying community organizations with substantial participation by women and minorities. All hiring managers are trained by Human Resources to ensure equal employment opportunities are practiced during recruitment.
It is our goal to provide and support a culture that encourages diversity, facilitates understanding of perceptions, and builds a cohesive work environment. We are fully committed to providing opportunities for professional development through internal recruitment and promotion opportunities, educational opportunities, job shadowing, skill identification and enhancement, and ongoing evaluation of services and policies
Additionally, we strive to ensure that our board of directors is composed of a diverse population of our region’s leaders. We strive for diversity in age, gender, occupation, ethnicity, and geographic location. The Nominating Committee of the Board reviews these criteria when making each nomination.
Similar to our staff diversity goal, we strive to recruit community advisory committees that match the diversity of our service area to ensure that feedback on our programming is reflective of our community and its needs.
We foster an environment that respects, appreciates and values differences and similarities. Diversity offers a variety of views, approaches, experiences and actions for use in strategic planning, problem solving, decision-making, and story-telling. In order to remain relevant to our community rich with diversity and culture, KVIE must too embrace that diversity through our recruitment and advancement practices, and selection of board of directors and community advisory board. It is our commitment to diversity that makes us successful as our region’s great story-teller.
KVIE Background Check Policy: KVIE conducts criminal background checks for all new employees (including credit and DMV background checks when appropriate for the position).
KVIE Recognized as One of Sacramento's Best Workplaces for Commuters
KVIE is part of the annual list of The Sacramento Area's Best Workplaces for Commuters. The award spotlights employers that are committed to reducing traffic and air pollution and improving quality of life for commuters. Companies like KVIE are on the list because they offer innovative commuter benefits to improve traffic and air quality in the Sacramento area.